The LAEF Scholarship Application for the 2017-18 year is CLOSED. If you have any outstanding issues with your application please call the office at 303-446-0541 or e-mail RRangel@LAEF.org
- The LAEF Scholarship Application requires several written components and uploaded documents. Please do not wait to get started, this will take a significant amount of time to complete. You can complete the application in multiple sessions.
- Applicants and recommenders should not wait until the last minute to start and/or submit any required materials.
- An LAEF Scholarship Application "How To Guide" with step by step instructions can be located at the bottom of this page
BASIC APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS
- All Colorado residents - regardless of legal residency status or citizenship
- Hispanic origin or actively involved in Hispanic community
- Cumulative high school or college GPA of 3.0 or higher
- High school seniors, college undergraduate and graduate students
Applicants are required to submit the following via the online application, which will be used to verify their eligibility.
- Unofficial Transcript
- Official ACT/SAT scores
- Current photo
- List of extracurricular activities
- Written statement(s) – not to exceed 1,000 words each, one for first time applicants or two for renewing applicants
- Financial documents – for the person claiming the student
- 2015 Tax Return
- Only if tax return is unavailable, we will accept last two pay stubs or 2015 W-2
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- One letter must be from a representative at your high school or college - principal, teacher, guidance counselor, etc.
- One letter must be from another source, personal or professional - employer, mentor, coach, etc.
- Recommender will receive an email with instructions when the student identifies them as the recommender on the application
- Recommender is required to complete a confidential recommendation through the online LAEF application system
- Recommender must be at least 21 years of age and not related to the applicant