The LAEF Scholarship Application for the 2017-18 year is CLOSED.
All applicants will be notified of a decision via the e-mail address that you provide on the scholarship application. You will receive decision notification no later than April 1, 2017.
If you have any outstanding issues with your application please call the office at 303-446-0541 or e-mail RRangel@LAEF.org
- The LAEF Scholarship Application requires several written components and uploaded documents. Please do not wait to get started, this will take a significant amount of time to complete. You can complete the application in multiple sessions.
- Applicants and recommenders should not wait until the last minute to start and/or submit any required materials.
- An LAEF Scholarship Application "How To Guide" with step by step instructions can be located at the bottom of this page
BASIC APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS
- All Colorado residents - regardless of legal residency status or citizenship
- Hispanic origin or actively involved in Hispanic community
- Cumulative high school or college GPA of 3.0 or higher
- High school seniors, college undergraduate and graduate students
Applicants are required to submit the following via the online application, which will be used to verify their eligibility.
- Unofficial Transcript
- Official ACT/SAT scores
- Current photo
- List of extracurricular activities
- Written statement(s) – not to exceed 1,000 words each, one for first time applicants or two for renewing applicants
- Financial documents – for the person claiming the student
- 2015 Tax Return
- Only if tax return is unavailable, we will accept last two pay stubs or 2015 W-2
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- One letter must be from a representative at your high school or college - principal, teacher, guidance counselor, etc.
- One letter must be from another source, personal or professional - employer, mentor, coach, etc.
- Recommender will receive an email with instructions when the student identifies them as the recommender on the application
- Recommender is required to complete a confidential recommendation through the online LAEF application system
- Recommender must be at least 21 years of age and not related to the applicant